Thoughts in Rhyme
THOUGHTS SOUND GOOD, IF SOMETIMES
THEY'RE NICELY PUT IN OLD-FASHIONED RHYMES
By Rahomme de Linde
- Powerless rage of a mindless band
Oft burn the flag of another land.
- Saying good of a race won't hurt you
Even if it's not entirely true.
- Rabbi, priest, Imam and Pope
Bring not peace, but lots of hope.
- There's no God, did the Buddha say;
So they made him God, when he passed away.*
- Those in power make or mar
The institutions where they are.*
- Unseen forces affect us too
In things we think we alone do.*
- Great may moral precepts sound;
But they also tell that sins abound.*
- When a teacher calls a question swell,
It means he knows its answer well.*
- In the state of sleep, the short and tall,
Are equals as are kings and all.
- What a human brain to a human tells
Would change, if made of something else.
[ Back ] [ Top ] [ Next ]
Brautigan Virtual Library